Thursday, August 18, 2016

Week 84

Hola!

So. Glad you guys are doing well in England. Are you sad to go or have you had enough? haha I do remember chasing the poo haha Um well I like chocolate and probably like just some English sweets? idk. do I still get a Leicester City shirt? 

So this week. It was slower than last we had one of our new Investigators come to church and yeah she liked it. We haven't found any new Investigators this week but are going to this week. It rained yesterday on the 4th so we had a bbq in the rain. My comp singed his eyelashes and brows cooking the meat haha I am tired all the time we work super hard here because if you don't nothing gets done haha so yeah I need energy! But things are going well we are teaching people about the truth what could be better? Anyways I love you all and miss you a ton!

Elder Howard

Here is our zone as you can see we are out numbered. 



THE COMP
Happy 4th of July! This was the 5th time that Elder Howard, from England, has celebrated the 4th of July. He was grumpy all day (just kidding) and was really excited when it started raining at the Barbecue we were at. So, you know how it's kind of just like the thing to do to say "Is there anything we can do to help?" when you're a missionary and at someone's house? Well, I did yesterday and then I singed my eyebrows.... Yeah, they asked me to grill and I of course said "Yes." I didn't want that responsibility! If there was something wrong with the meat, it was my fault! (There wasn't) So the grill I was using was pretty old and they had Aluminum foil covering the grill part things (the part that makes your hot dogs have black lines on them) So I guess the hamburger Grease just kind of kept getting lit on fire or something because when I opened the Grill for the first time a GIANT FIREBALL FLEW INTO MY FACE! Just kidding, it wasn't that intense. But a little fireball did kind of sort of fly into my face and singed my eyebrows. It kind of just looks like I dyed all of the tips of my hairs on my eyelashes and a few eyebrows like a golden brown. It will probably be the trend soon.

This week has been pretty good! We keep meeting with our investigator Raphael who is super Catholic but also really likes Mormons, The Book of Mormon, Church, The members, The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, pretty much he just loves all things Mormon. He also thinks The Book of Mormon and the Church is true... But he won't join because he is afraid of upsetting his 90 year old parents. We'll figure something out.

We should be having a baptism pretty soon with Carol! But, the Logistics of it is all super hard.... She won't fit in a baptismal font so we have been visiting some pools (I usually have to hold Elder Howard back from just jumping in) to see if they have a chair lift and just other general logistics. We even had to call our Mission President. Carol is super cool though. She was feeling kind of lonely on Sunday and she prayed and asked Heavenly Father to send us. Well guess who stopped by later that day! Us! 

So, it turns out whenever our Mission President tells us to do something it works. The other day at Zone Training Meeting we were told to try and use "Family History" as a door approach. How in the world is that supposed to work! Well it super does work. We were talking to this one lady and we brought it up and she just went off for like 10 minutes about her family history and was super interested in learning more about Family History! Also, that's in Preach My Gospel so that's cool too.

The 4th of July is really cool because really, one of the main reasons that America needed to become a Country was so that The Restoration could happen! That fact has helped Elder Howard come to grips with it a little bit. But really, this country was built on the foundation of Faith. Faith that coming to a new land would enable people to have the freedom to worship and live the way that they felt was right. That freedom allowed a 14 year-old boy to ask a question. That question has led to one of the most significant events in the History of the world! That is why I am here today. I am so grateful for this country and for the Gospel! I hope everybody had a wonderful 4th of July! I love you all so much!

-Elder Vaughn

No comments:

Post a Comment