Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Week 70

Its that time of the week again!

So this week not to much to report on other than as I am sure you all have heard about the attacks in Belgium. I heard from a couple members is the ward and as they read the names of the injured missionaries I remembered the Sisters name because she was supposed to be here in the OCM (Ohio Cleveland Mission) last transfer and then they said Elder Empey and it was really shocking! I was just thinking I know that guy... like we hung out and stuff. But I hear they are doing alright. Hope you have all been keeping them and their families in your prayers and all the others that were affected by this tragedy. 

But something amazing happened yesterday not only was it Easter Sunday but our


Investigator Cody Harner got baptized! It was so awesome the service was great, there was a good turn out from the ward and yeah it was awesome! I am super glad he made the decision to be baptized! He had been taught by missionaries for a while and was not progressing until about a couple weeks ago and then he was on fire! and he still is! its great! So I guess one more cool thing that happened this week mind you this week wasn't the best... haha but the Lord is always showing me His love through His "tender mercies" so on Friday we were stopping by some potentials in the AM time frame and we weren't having too much luck but following the promptings of the spirit we walked down a street and saw a guy we hadn't talked too (rare occasion) but his name was Jason and he is legit! We taught him the restoration and Invited him to be baptized and yeah the spirit was there and he was totally willing to have us back and learn more! So that was cool. Oh and just one more cause this was really cool too. So on Saturday we had a day where everything fell through like everything! So we still decided to go to the town were planned on going to even though all our appointments there fell through there and we must have stopped by like four or five people till I suggested a name of an investigator who probably wasn't going to be back in town till late April according to his LA father. But we stopped by him and yep you guessed it he was home and so humbled but life right now. He is just so eager and willing to learn and change his life for the better. So it was just the best way to end that day because the rest of that day sucked! haha But I love the Gift of the Holy Ghost and the prompting I receive to carry out the Lords work! Make sure you all take the time to recognize and follow those promptings in your own lives! I love my Mission! And all of you! Have a great week!

Elder Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment